Security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a sign that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, today’s security cameras come outfitted with a number of features all designed to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these features help you to have the most from security cameras in Oceanside.
How To Set Up Your Oceanside Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting them in the right spots within your house. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a great idea to have a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to afford a clear scene of your front door, drive, and backyard, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Oceanside. The additions described below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your phone the instant strange activity is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin recording when movements are detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the camera. Via ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more exhaustive view of an area. Look for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to protect specific areas within your home.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Oceanside is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (760) 230-3571 or submit the form below to start personalizing your security system today.