What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Oceanside
You realize you must protect your home. Above all else, it’s where your family lives and is where you store your possessions. But what is the right kind of home secuirty? Figuring out if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Oceanside and see what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home security system bridges to a professional monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring specialists are issued a notification instantly. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and contact the proper emergency professionals.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have a backup team. You can think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you have to take action to remedy the situation. This possibility is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Oceanside
Here’s a brief look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are on vacation, asleep, or without your smartphone, your home and those inside will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security could qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better equipment and smooth integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Many individuals prefer to have the install taken care of by skilled professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Need to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation will be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Oceanside
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an added charge. Other residents may prefer going with a professional.
- More Flexibility: You can install devices whenever you desire - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You have complete control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t see a security notification? This situation will generate additional stress and less peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the single person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Connecting the system is up to you: If you want help during an install, you may have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Oceanside
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Oceanside from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home defense system is the ideal solution for you. Call (760) 230-3571 today to speak with our security experts.